Thursday, April 15, 2010

Technical Illustration


This assignment was to vector a picture of something artificially manufactured. I chose to do a picture of the Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's ship from Star Wars. I wanted to challenge myself. I originally was going to do something much, much simpler, but then I saw what some other students were doing and I changed my mind. Instead of going with photo realism I decided to make the picture look like it was kind of cartoony. Solid colored shapes with outlines. It took quite a while to complete. I started with the cockpit, then went on to do the satellite, then I did the main body (which was the biggest layer of them all) and then I did the front two parts (whatever they're called).

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I used the same template and created this version out of it. Maybe you like it :-)

    https://testphase22.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/projekt-overlord-wallpaper-full-hd.png

    ReplyDelete