Monday, November 29, 2010

Package Design

This assignment was to design the packaging for a product of our choosing. I chose to do a Cereal box, as did many others in the class. At first I was making a kid's cereal called "Marsh Mall-O's" But I didn't like the way it was turning out so I started over. Then I thought of making a cereal that's sounds super boring and lame. The complete opposite of Marsh Mall-O's. I went with "Flax Flakes".

I made the template myself, I just kind of eyeballed it. Wasn't sure if I had accurate dimensions. I started by making the logo of Flax Flakes look more simple and sophisticated rather than big, bold, and silly. Then I vectored the cereal bowl and the spoon. We were supposed to make 3 variations of the design. So I made the first one: "Flax Flakes Original".

The second one I made: "Flax Flakes Field Berries" and changed the background to a deep purplish-pink and added berries to the cereal bowl.

Then for the last one I made was: "Flax Flakes Chocolate", I changed the background to a light brown and added chocolate pieces to the cereal bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment